What Is SMD LED?
SMD LED stands for surface mount LED. Specifically, it’s a light-emitting diode that is mounted onto and soldered onto a circuit board. An SMD LED is quite small since it has no leads or surrounding packaging that comes with a standard LED. This means it’s best handled, not by a human, but by automated assembly equipment. An SMD LED also has a wide viewing angle, thanks to the fact that it does not have the standard LED’s epoxy enclosure that focuses the beam.
With the advances made in the LED technology, SMD LED Screens are started being used in outdoor advertising and sharing the market with DIP LED lamps. Earlier due to the low brightness, the SMD screens were unable to adapt the outdoor environment, these display screens were used only indoor. But now the SMD panel has a technological development in LED outdoor application market.
Advantages of Outdoor SMD Screen
1. There are quite a few advantages of SMD LED Screens over LED DIP Screens. Like wide viewing angle, good lighting distribution, high contrast ratio. Thus, SMD LED Display needs a full color screen with a wide viewing angle to give a better effect.
2. Along with it, the outdoor SMD screen has better consistency than DIP LED lamps. SMD LED board make sure the outdoor full-color SMD LED display brightness consistency at any angle to achieve better color fidelity effect.
3. The volume of SMD full color screen is smaller than compared to DIP, thus the luminous area is small and the black area is big, which eventually improves the contrast of LED SMD Screens.
4. The SMD LED Display is free to pot glue and the products are easy and quick to install. Using the aluminum alloy cabinet structure design, beautiful shape, easy to assemble.
5. Outdoor SMD LED provides with easy automated production. It not only improves the reliability but also improves the production efficiency. More importantly, decrease the cost.
Others include LCD display backlighting, keyboard lights, and pushbuttons. They’ve also been used for instrument panels in aircrafts. A few manufacturers have created an SMD LED lighting solution by combining it with a resistor, small circuit board, lens and cable to provide and bright, cool LED light.